PFAS Removal from Groundwater
Provided equipment, operation, and system design services during excavation.
August 15, 2023
Determine what technologies would be required to reduce contaminants in the leachate from an inactive landfill to below Michigan Part 31, Rule 57 surface water criteria.
Per and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S), Ammonia, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Power generation and distribution for all components
- Equipment fueling
- External hose and piping connections
- Crane services for unloading customer equipment
- Weekly and on-call O&M visits
- Containerization and disposal of concentrated liquid PFAS containing waste from customer provided components
- Containerization, waste characterization, and disposal of spent AIX resin and GAC
- Inline CO2 injection pH adjustment system with integral ﬂow switch and pH probes to automatically inject CO2 into the inlet piping which reacts with the water to create carbonic acid and lowers the pH to within discharge parameters and to facilitate PFAS removal.
- 21,000 gallon frac tank for reaction buffering.
- Hydrogen peroxide injection for nuisance odor control of H2S.
- Neutralized groundwater is pumped through a three-vessel system of zeolite and granular activated carbon for final treatment before discharge to the GLWA.
No items found.
PFAS Water Treatment Pilot Study
Contracted to design and build a soil vapor extraction system.